White Rock’s council announced appointments to committees, task forces, panels and boards last month.
All members of council are included in the Finance and Audit Committees and the Land Use and Planning Committee.
Additional appointments include:
• Coun. Bill Lawrence – chair of the the Finance and Audit Committee; alternate for the Economic Investment Committee and the Business Improvement Association; representative of the E-Comm Board of Directors; as well as a liaison with the White Rock Museum and Archives, the South Surrey & White Rock Chamber of commerce and the Sea Festival.
• Coun. Grant Meyer – chair to the Grants-in-Aid Subcommittee, the Governance and Legislation Committee and the Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel; liaison to the Economic Investment Committee and Tourism White Rock; and alternate liaison to South Surrey & White Rock Chamber of Commerce.
• Coun. Lynne Sinclair – chair of the External Communications Review Subcommittee; member of the Grants-in-Aid Subcommittee; liaison with the Cultural Advisory Committee, the Business Improvement Association, the Peace Arch Hospital & Community Health Foundation Board; and a representative with the Fraser Health Authority.
• Coun. Megan Knight – member of the Grants-in-Aid Subcommittee and the Outstanding Canadians on the Peninsula; a representative for the White Rock South Surrey Healthiest Community in BC Working Group and alternate representative for the Fraser Health Authority; and an alternate liaison for the Peace Arch Hospital & Community Health Foundation Board and Tourism White Rock.
• Coun. Helen Fathers – a member of the External Communications Review Subcommittee and the Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel; liaison for the Environmental Advisory Committee and Sources BC; and a representative for the Lower Mainland Local Government Association.
• Coun. David Chesney – a member of the External Communications Review Subcommittee and Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel; and alternate liaison for the Environmental Advisory Committee, Cultural Advisory Committee, White Rock Museum and Archives and Sources BC.