Creston RCMP responded to 58 calls for assistance from September 18-25, Staff Sgt. Ryan Currie said on Tuesday.
• Police were asked for assistance in a dispute over a laptop computer.
• A report came in about youth possibly smoking drugs behind a church in Creston.
• RCMP were called to a dispute between a business owner and a former employee regarding the possible theft of items and unpaid rent.
• An investigation about a suspicious person in West Creston did not reveal criminal activities.
• Suspicious noises reported in a greenspace in town were deemed likely to have been made by a bear.
• A possible theft or replacement of a headstone in Erickson was investigated.
• Police got a call about a suspicious light on Mt. McGregor, across Kootenay lake from Sanca.
• A vehicle was stopped near Yahk for not having insurance and the drinking driver was given a 24-hour licence suspension and a fine.
• RCMP were called to assist Canadian Border Security Agency personnel at Kingsgate with a truck driver in possession of child pornography. The driver was arrested and his truck was seized. The investigation continues.
• Police were called to deal with an intoxicated young female acting suspiciously in Lister.
• Extensive patrols were unsuccessful in finding a male reported to have followed a female in his vehicle in the early morning hours. The investigation is ongoing.
• Residents in a Lister home got a surprise when they found an unknown male sleeping in the guest bedroom. A police investigation determined the intoxicated man was unaware of how he got to where he was. Due to the fact there was no damage or ill intent, the homeowners did not wish for police to pursue charges.
• An RV was reported stolen from Sanca.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from a Creston impound lot.
• Two youths were detained following a shoplifting report in Creston. They were turned over to their parents.
• A report of stolen licence plates was made from Yahk.
• Police assisted in a case of school students making threats against each other.
• An assault involving drinking patrons at a local pub was investigated.
• A suspicious female asking people for money at a local business was investigated.
• A suspected prohibited driver was stopped by police. The driver was arrested and the vehicle was seized.
• A suspect was arrested following a domestic disturbance for failing to comply with release conditions and being in possession of narcotics.
• A report of a suspicious person with a flashlight in town at night was investigated.