Fire causes $300,000 damage to Saanich home

Nobody home at time of Sunday fire on Homer Road

  • May. 14, 2017 9:00 a.m.

A fire on the 200 block of Homer Road in Saanich is estimated to have caused $300,000 in damage.

The Saanich Fire Department responded to the fire Sunday to see smoke coming from the roof vents of the two-storey home. Firefighters quickly determined the fire originated in the basement, and crews extinguished the blaze while conducting a search of the building.

No one was home at the time of the fire which caused extensive smoke damage to the home.

Saanich News