Oceanside RCMP received 282 complaints the week of March 7 to March 13.
Some of the incidents included:
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of Hirst Avenue East, Parksville. A window was noted broken and merchandise stolen.
• A chainsaw was reported stolen from a building in the 1200 block of Fair Road, Parksville. Stolen items were recovered the next day.
• A 2007 red Honda Foreman and a 2008 red Honda Foreman ATV were reported stolen in the 100 block of Bay Road, Horne Lake.
• A prowler was reported in the 900 block of Meadowlark Place, Qualicum Beach.
• A trailer break-and-enter was reported in the 700 block of Drew Road, Parksville. A suspect was found and arrested.
• Canada Post boxes were reported vandalized in the area of Meadowood Way and Warn Way, Qualicum.
• B.C. rear licence plate DV217G was reported stolen from a vehicle in the Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park.
• Sunglasses, cash and a credit card were among the items reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Corfield Street South, Parksville.
• A maroon-coloured, specialized brand, Rock Hopper road bicycle was reported stolen in the 100 block of Pym Street North, Parksville.
• A trailer break-and-enter was reported in the 800 block of Drew Road, Parksville. Nothing noted missing however the trailer had been slept in.
• Cash and CDs were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Horne Lake Road, Qualicum.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from a property in the 1400 block of Industrial Way, Parksville. Vehicle was recovered by RCMP in Prince George.
• A purple Samsung Galaxy 8 and a blue Samsung Galaxy 20 phone were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Lee Road East, Parksville.
• A business was reported vandalized in the 1100 block of Smithers road, Parksville on March 12th. A window was said to have sustained minor damage.
• A red-and-white Schwinn 5-speed bicycle with ‘Tim Hortons’ written on the frame was reported stolen in the 200 block of Corfield Street North.
• B.C. licence plate RD2938 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1300 block of Errington road, Errington.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 100 block of Butler Avenue, Parksville. Damage noted to two door panels of the locked vehicle.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident, phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) weekdays except holidays. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111, extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted