Bowen Road fire sends one person to hospital

NANAIMO – Two people displaced in fire in 1600 block of Bowen Road.

A structure fire on the weekend displaced two people and sent one person to hospital.

That fire happened in a duplex on the 1600 block of Bowen Road, shortly before 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

Heavy flames were erupting from the building when firefighters arrived, but all residents were already out of the building.

One person was taken to Nanaimo Regional General Hospital for smoke inhalation. Two residents were displaced and received assistance through a community assistance program.

Nanaimo News Bulletin