With the 2017 camping season on the way, those planning to camp at BC Parks are reminded to become familiar with new changes to the Discover Camping Reservation Service.
The provincial government announced significant changes to the Discover Camping Reservation Service in November 2016, to enhance fair access for everyone looking to book a campsite.
According to a government news release, these changes take effect on Jan. 2, 2017 and include:
* Eliminating the mid-March ‘opening day’ for reservations, and extending the three-month rolling window to four months (for example, as of Jan. 2, reservations can only be made at campgrounds with arrival dates on or before May 2);
* New measures to prevent the reselling of reservations;
* Restrictions around altering arrival dates to prevent the practice of overbooking days around long weekends, etc.;
* Implementing a pilot project in select parks to reduce the maximum length of stay to seven days during the peak camping season, to provide more camping opportunities, and
* Expanding the Discover Camping call-centre hours.
To read about the changes to the Discover Camping reservation system, and to book your next camping trip, please visit: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/reserve/. To learn more about BC Parks, visit: www.bcparks.ca.