The Kent Street Activity Centre coffee shop closes for the summer on June 27.
Until then, drop in soon for some delicious soup and sandwiches, fresh baked goodies and more from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday to Friday, with hot-meal specials every Wednesday.
Don’t miss out on the end of the season sellout of muffins, cookies, scones and loaves June 23 and 24.
Following summer vacation, it reopens Sept. 6.
• On Saturday, June 25, learn how to take photographing of flowers to the next level using light and creative techniques in the camera including shallow depth of field, back lighting, zooming and more.
This workshop will meet at a local garden from 9:30 a.m. till noon. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Volunteers are a vital link to the success of Kent Street Activity Centre’s programs and events.
There are many opportunities to be active and become involved with the centre, including computer-program instruction, minibus driving (Class 4 driver’s licence required) and kitchen assistance on Friday afternoons at the Fresh & Lively outreach lunch program.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• A great way to spend the summer is jumping on board the Kent Street Centre minibus and heading out to enjoy one of many enjoyable day excursions.
Trips fill up fast, but there is still some space on a few outings including Qualicum Beach and Coombs with Joy Brown on July 13, Theatre Under the Stars on July 20 and Fort Langley Village Farmers Market on July 23.
Don’t miss out, call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Spend a restorative day in mindfulness at the White Rock Community Centre on May 30.
Leave behind the stresses and distractions of everyday life and develop inner peace and spacious mind. Discover a deep happiness that arises naturally from within.
Beginners and experienced welcome; bring a lunch for mindful eating practice. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Tonight (Wednesday), the Soul of the World Community Choir is holding a year end concert from 7-8:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
For only $5, enjoy the music from many world music traditions including Appalachia, Australia, West Africa and Israel.
For more information, call 604-541-2199.
• If you are looking for a gentle activity to participate in and meet new friends, why not come to the Kent Street Activity Centre every Wednesday & Friday from 10 a.m. till noon for carpet bowling?
Come as a guest and try it three times before purchasing your White Rock Recreation and Culture membership. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• The Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. for all those 50+ who enjoy social dancing to live music.
On stage this week is Greg Hampson. Purchase tickets at the door; refreshments midway.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.