Do you love to sing?
Join the sing-along group at the Kent Street Activity Centre every Tuesday from 2-3:30 p.m. Piano accompaniment and song sheets are provided.
This fun and friendly group will be sure to keep your spirits high during these chilly winter months. Call 604-541-2231.
• CPR is being offered at the White Rock Community Centre on Saturday, Feb. 11, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Find out how to help save a life; learn CPR techniques plus how to use an Automated External Defibrillator and basic first aid. On successful completion of the course, receive a national St. John Ambulance certificate. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Shingles is the result of a viral infection that can cause a red, painful rash and sometimes lead to debilitating nerve pain. Learn the causes of shingles, common symptoms, whether you are at risk and how you can protect yourself against this painful condition.
This workshop is Tuesday, Feb. 7, 10-11 a.m. at the Centre for Active Living. The presenter will be a pharmacist from Grandview Corners Pharmasave. Call 605-541-2199 to register.
The program is free to all White Rock Recreation and Culture members.
• Learn how to travel around the globe with a surprisingly large amount of clothing, shoes and other travel items all in a standard allowable airline carry on, in a ‘packing light’ workshop Friday, Feb. 3, 10 a.m. to noon at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
In addition, gain valuable travel tips on airline travel, shopping and hotel stays. Call 605-541-2199 for information and to register.
• If you enjoy working with wood you might be interested in joining the Peninsula Woodcarvers.
This activity group meets every Tuesday at Semiahmoo Secondary School from 6-9 p.m. All skill levels are welcome. A White Rock Recreation and Culture membership is required. Call 604-541-2231.
• Join us at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Feb. 16 to have lunch with a very special local author. April Lewis has written her first book entitled Lovingly Arrogant: From Chaos to Contentment.
In the book, she shares her personal journey from chaos to contentment in an authentic and humorous way.
Enjoy the afternoon listening to April present and discuss her book while enjoying a delicious lunch served in the Kent Street coffee shop. To register, call 604-541-2199.
• The Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesday evenings (tonight) from 7:30-10:30 p.m. for all those 50-plus who enjoy live music, friendly people and social dancing. Doors open at 7 p.m. and tickets are available at the door. Tonight’s live band is the popular Silverstars.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.