Spring is just around the corner. Watch for something new and exciting from White Rock Recreation and Culture.
The very first production of a Spring/Summer Recreation Guide will be available to view online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register on Monday, March 7. Print copies will be at all recreation facilities on March 16.
Registration starts on Friday, March 11 for members and on Thursday, March 17 for non-members.
Interested in becoming a member? Call 604-541-2199 for more information on the benefits, including early registration and reduced prices on most programs and excursions.
• If you are over 65 and need assistance with completing your income tax returns, community volunteers are available to help file your tax returns electronically.
This free service is provided to seniors on low income with simple forms. If you meet this criteria please drop off your forms at the Kent Street Centre front desk to be e-filed.
Call for more information 604-541-2231.
• Using computers provided at the Kent Street Activity Centre, register now for a Microsoft Word class that will show you how to create your first Word document.
Instruction will be provided on how to change page margins, fixing spelling errors, inserting a file or picture, saving, file management and more. Receive individualized attention with only four students per class.
The next session is Tuesday/Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to noon beginning March 22. Call 604-541-2199.
• Learn a basic fitness routine (cardio and weight training) that you can do at any gym.
This four-session training program has a maximum of four people in the class. Next session is Friday, March 4, 11 a.m. to noon at the Centre for Active Living.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Leave behind stress and distractions of everyday life; discover inner peace and freedom in a one-day Mindfulness workshop.
You will practise various mindfulness meditation, including sitting, walking eating, lying down and qigong. Beginner and experienced participants are welcome.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this class, to be held on Saturday, March 19, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at White Rock Community Centre.
• The Kent Street Centre book sale was a wonderful success at the beginning of February.
Thank you to all the amazing volunteers who worked so hard to make it so successful and all the people who donated so many books.
The centre is still having an ongoing book sale until Friday, March 11. Please drop in during regular business hours and take a look at the wide variety of books available for sale at very low prices.
• If you enjoy dancing to live music with friends, visit Kent Street Activity Centre every Wednesday, 7:30-10:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the door.
This week, the music of Just Friends will get your toes tapping. Singles and couples 50-plus welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.