Alex House announces the return of Oktoberfest.
This fundraiser is an opportunity to relax, enjoy, music from an amazing lineup of performers, food, 50-50 draw and most of all, have fun.
Tickets are $30 and include a meal and drink, Saturday Sept. 27, 2-7 p.m. Purchase online at www.alexhouse.net
(We’re also looking for volunteers to help us make this event the best yet, so if you’d like to work a two-hour shift, please call 604-535-0015 ext 236.)
• Lit Café is a popular event showcasing authors from our community and beyond, who read from their works and engage in lively discussions with the audience.
Our next event is Monday, Sept. 28, at 7 p.m. in the Longhouse Activity Room.
The theme is Passages: From Then to Now.
The evening includes refreshments, a discussion with the authors and an open mic. For more information, call 604-535-0015 ext 236.
• Alexandra Children’s Centre programs greeted new families this fall and said goodbye to others.
We provide Reggio-inspired care for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers, as well as after-school care.
If you need quality childcare, please call 604-560-5520.
• Explore With Me is an interactive program for parents with children ages 15 months to five years that introduces the Reggio Emilia approach to learning.
The next session runs Oct. 30 to Dec. 4, 10-11 a.m. For more information, call 604-535-0015 ext 229.
• Our Vine Youth Wellness Clinic provides integrated health and wellness services for youth ages 12-21 at 15455 Vine Ave. in White Rock.
Clinic hours are 3:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays (except stat holidays; open Wednesday instead), and youth workers are also available to provide support, information, and referrals.
For more information, drop by during clinic times, make an appointment at www.vineyouthclinic.com or call 604-542-3926.
• Following on the heels of last year’s very successful fair, Alex House is planning another Christmas Craft Fair Saturday, Nov. 21, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If you’re looking for unique and interesting gifts, mark the date on your calendar and we’ll see you there. To book a spot at the fair, call 604-535-0015 ext 231.
Cost is $35 per table.
• We have many more programs and events for our community, and fall is a great time to visit our unique and historic site by the ocean.
Drop in and discover all that we have to offer.
Donni Klassen is a contributor for Alexandra Neighbourhood House. For information, call 604-535-0015 or go to www.alexhouse.net