Join the fun at this 1950s-themed street party and dance in Sidney.
Bop ’til your drop on Saturday, June 24 as the Town of Sidney hosts a street party and dance to help mark Canada’s 150th birthday.
It’s one of the first big events in the Town’s celebration of this anniversary — but by no means is it the last. In fact, it’s just getting started.
The street party combines a Birthday Party for Sidney’s 50th anniversary as a Town and a celebration of Canada’s 150th.
This is a free, family-friendly event with food trucks, children’s activities by Panorama Recreation Centre, and more.
Dance to the music of two bands: The Sutcliffes and Shaky Ground.
The Paint the Town Red & White street party is from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. along Beacon Avenue at Fourth Street.
— Town of Sidney
Schedule of Events
• Sidney’s 50th Birthday Party at the Army Navy & Air Force Veteran’s Club: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
• Ladies Auxillary garage sale in the ANAVet’s parking lot
4:00 – 5:00 pm
• Face Painting: 4:00 – 6:30 pm
• BBQ – hot dogs, cupcakes and drink $1.50 5:00 – 6:30
• Meat Draw & 50/50 6:30. Music Bingo (1950s music)
• Street Dance on Beacon Avenue: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Dance to the music of The Sutcliffes & Shaky Ground on the main stage (intersection of Beacon and Fourth)
Kids Games by Panorama Recreation
Thrifty Foods Smile Truck and Langos by Louie